Pages

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

34 weeks

Isaac is officially 34 weeks tomorrow and today we had another visit with Dr. Weiss.  The past two weeks we went to Dr. Ryder's office and had BPPs with a sono tech.  But today we went to the expert and he measured Isaac at 5 lbs 3 oz (64th percentile).  Getting to be big!  Amniotic fluid was good (sometimes I feel like I'm a car getting a tune-up) and his head is still down.  He could see Isaac "breathing" and moving and said everything looks good, see you in a week!  I asked if he could see how much diaphragm there is, but he said that's hard to see on a sonogram and they look for the breathing movement.  We stopped by Dr. Ryder's office to get blood pressure checked and pee in a cup (both good).  We'll go back to see her again in two weeks. 

Sometimes I think I'm having Braxton Hicks (practice contractions) and other times I wonder if he's just stretching.  I'm amazed that he looks so healthy on the screen and does everything he should be doing, and yet they have no idea if he will survive or not.  I'm guessing this is why 30% of the time they don't detect CDH until the baby is born. 

We had a wonderful Mother's Day lunch with my parents and enjoyed the nice weather (and an afternoon nap).  I keep praying that next year I'll have two adorable boys to kiss on Mother's day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment